Background





Wednesday, July 11, 2012

School Supply Sales are Here!!

My husband knows me....He knows that one of the GREAT joys of being a Kindergarten teacher is SCHOOL SUPPLY sale time!! Of course, this coordinates quite nicely with the birthday extravaganza month in our house! (Three birthdays in one week!) 
So today I hauled my own two littles (who are NOT so little anymore) and went to Walmart. I heard a rumor that glue sticks were 10 cents. I was expecting to find rose art glue sticks for 10 cents.
Then I saw THIS sign:
Hmm...Two years ago it was 20 cents, then last year it went up to 40cents..NOW...50 cents for a two pack...Making it hard for educators to purchase much needed supplies, right?

Well, not so fast now.. Then I saw THIS sign:
JACKPOT!!!
I get ya Walmart, you're hoping people won't notice and will buy the two pack, right? NOT SO FAST, you have  a very savvy teacher shopping today!! 
Now, being the great mom, I made the kids help me scour for an empty box, cause no one enjoys trying to play the "keep the glue sticks from falling out of the shopping cart" game!
I also made my soon to be second grader figure out how much money 45 glue sticks would be:) He did great btw!

So head out to your local Walmart and grab some cheap glue sticks (okay, well at the price from two years ago!!) I LOVE me some great deals!!:)
Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment