Background





Monday, August 27, 2012

SWEEET things for my classroom!!

I spent today putting together things at home to get ready for working in my classroom again. Basically I stopped procrastinating and finished some projects!
First up: LAMINATING! 
I don't know about your school, but our laminator is constantly either out of film or broken! I found a deal on amazon.com about 18 months ago for a pocket laminator by Scotch. WOWZA! This thing ROCkS! It only cost me $16 and it's great! Yes, I can only get an 8 1/2 x11 sheet in , but it works FABULOUSLY! Plus, I found 5mil laminating pockets on amazon for under $20. Seriously, this is the ONLY size to go with! (You can use plain printer paper and not tag board and still get great results!! )
Here's a link to the pockets I use:
5 mil laminating pockets, 100 for under $20!

Then you can purchase the laminator also!:
Right now it's $30, but keep your eyes out, it sells for less often! (Some stores carry it too!)
Scotch laminator


One of my favorite papers to laminate was this  pete the cat freebie from Heidi songs! Can you see my new Pete the cat I ordered from Amazon too? My littles will LOVE him!!  I need to get velcro on the pages (see Heidi's post) but that can wait til later this week!

 Another project I finished up was my gumball sight word center. I purchased a gumball from where else...AMAZON. :) I used gems and homemade modge podge recipe from Pinterest to add sight words. My helpful hint would be to print the words REALLY small, cause those gem suckers are super small ! I also did numbers and letters...
Finally, I found this GREAT sign on Pinterest!! I laminated it and put it in a picture frame. I sing this song with my kiddos daily for the first few months and they LOVE it. I have a book with pictures, so this will be icing on the cake!!
 Click  HERE to get this great freebie!
Hope your year is off to a fabulous start!!



No comments:

Post a Comment